Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Local Wedding Vendor Colloboration Photo-Shoot

They`re ready! They`re ready! (Jumps up and down)

From the initial idea, to the planning, gathering of props, emailing and messaging other vendors, discussing dates and to the final product, it has been one heck of a ride.

For as long as I can remember, I have always enjoyed planning events and coming up with creative ideas. Being a make-up artist I love the chance to work on photo sets. Not only are they fun, but they are fast paced, energetic and very rewarding. To see all of your hard work portrayed in a photo is one of the most gratifying feelings.

Hayley Rae Photography, not only is she a highly talented photographer, she is also a good friend of mine and my husband. When the idea popped into my head to do a collaboration photo-shoot, she was the first person I asked to help with it. She said YES! Pardon the pun. Considering this idea came to me in the summer I knew it would have to wait a few months as both her and I are quite busy with weddings ourselves. It also gave me a great opportunity to brain storm a little more, extra time to gather props and time to get a hold of some other vendors that would be interested in contributing to the shoot. Hayley was able to help point me in the direction of some fabulous vendors. All local, all amazing. We decided on doing two themes, to cover a wider range of customers. Rustic bride and Glam bride. Both classic yet unique, just as any real Bride is. Here are some of my favorite photos from the shoot.





 

 For this particular photo-shoot we had a videography team capturing all of the behind the scenes footage to show just how much goes into a shoot like this. Lucky Ones Media is an up and coming local videography team specializing in weddings, but not limited to. They also dabble in promotional videos, and music videos as well. Make sure you contact them for your future wedding. Not only is your wedding photographer important for your big day but I do not know how many times I have heard women that have just been married say... `I wish I had my wedding on film`. Don`t be that person. I can not tell you enough how happy you will be to have those memories captured for a lifetime to enjoy. Lucky Ones Media can do just that for you! Many of their wedding videos I have seen have brought me to tears, and I do not even know the couple in the video...shows just how great they are. Very personable, with an artistic flair, can`t beat that!

Please view the video here. I am so happy with how it turned out, the hard work they put into filming and editing really paid off.

A Bride isn`t complete without her accessories! First off, we had a gorgeous bouquet donated to us from Carly of Blooming Aisle Floral Design. Her and I had discussed the theme and color palette and I just simply let her come up with something that showed off her own style. I was blown away with the outcome. Not only was this bouquet perfect for our shoot, it was at top notch quality, the flowers were fresh and smelt amazing, the intricate placement of each flower was immaculate and the overall bouquet was stunning. I would highly recommend anyone getting married to use Blooming Aisle as your florist. From bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces and floral décor, she does it all!
Here are a few photos that show off this amazing bouquet I speak of...




 See! I don`t lie. Just simply beautiful.

Next up for accessories we have Davie & Chiyo, who supplied a handmade earring and necklace set. As well as, a custom clutch. They were more then happy to help us out with the photo-shoot when I contacted them. I got a chance to meet them in person and check out their cute little studio in downtown Vancouver. They have become quite a popular business for handmade accessories. Just recently they have launched a Lifestyle Line of items. They can customize your order too. If you are in need of an idea for your Bridesmaids, they will make the clutches in the almost every color you can imagine, which would be a perfect accent to their dresses for the wedding. I wish I had of known about this for my wedding! You can shop for all of their items on the website or Etsy. Take a look at the items they leant out for our collaboration shoot below.



 



 For every wedding you need decor. No decor is like a cake without icing. A ring without a diamond. Chips without dip. Ok, I may be a tad hungry, but you get the idea. Spotlight Event Planning + Design was with us to help with details. Paige (owner and head planner and designer) helped bring the shoot to life. I had many ideas running through my head and Paige was able to make it a reality. She had so many great ideas herself. From small touches such as mason jar candle holders to a silver candelabra with hanging diamonds, she had all bases covered. The rustic portion of the shoot included items such as a vintage vanity and luggage (borrowed from my in laws, thanks guys), a burlap runner, DIY lamp with shade and matching seat cushion, wooden crate, a handmade fabric flower bouquet (which I spent endless hours making myself...endless hours), romance novels and of course the classic pearl necklace. The glam portion of the shoot included a handmade custom silk organza table linen, hurricane vases with crystals and candles, rhinestone encrusted champagne glasses, a candelabra, wooden letters to spell `LOVE` and two wooden ladders. Both painted white to fit the style better. The ladders were also borrowed from my father in law and he is happy to have gotten them back painted a nice white compared to what shape he gave them to me in. Our location for the shoot was Port Moody in the Ambleside area and also Buntzen Lake. While taking photos at Buntzen, there was a wedding going on. Many were confused as to why there were TWO brides... luckily ours wasn`t actually getting married or that may have been a disaster.










And last but definitely not least... our amazing model Kelsey! Not only is she gorgeous she is a dream to work with. Always up for anything. Never complains. Such a natural and a total sweetheart. Kelsey and I have worked together once in the past for a Fashion Island photo-shoot and I was so happy when she was able to help out with our collaboration shoot. She is a talented model with a lot of potential. I hope all the best for her career as a model. I also look forward to any future jobs we get to work together on.

Thanks for taking some time out of your day to read my blog and view the video and photos that came from our collaboration photo-shoot. I can`t thank the vendors who contributed enough. I am always thinking of the next thing, the next job, the next idea. If you or anyone you know is ever interested in taking part in something like this in the future please send me a message, I would love to hear what you have to offer or contribute. I appreciate all the support from everyone and I can`t wait to do this all again in the future!

One last shout out:
Hayley Rae Photography
Lucky Ones Media
Blooming Aisle Floral Design
Davie & Chiyo
Spotlight Event Planning + Design
Caitlin J Make-Up Artistry

Cheers,

Caitlin J





1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Thank you so much for all the kind words, and a BIGGER thank you to YOU for all the hard work you put in to make this shoot happen! :) :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete